Sunday, April 12, 2009

2nd Peel

I've spent the past 3 weeks preparing for the next peel. I resumed the daily regemin of Vitamin C and Retinol in the AM and Glycolic Acid and Copper in the PM. Along with Emu Oil for moisture. The spots on my face that had the most intense frosting and peeling had the most improved appearance which continued to improve in the weeks after the peel. I was also able to extract a few more impacted pores of white and black heads.

I thought I had used the incorrect gauze the first time and didn't get even coverage. I did order the gauze pads and special toothpicks with cotton from Platinum Skin Care. I also ordered a glycolic acid brush (to apply the glycolic acid for a peel) and a face brush (to help exfoliate when cleaning your face). Unfortunately I didn't not pay for expedited shipping and didn't get he package by Saturday in the mail so I decided to go ahead with it anyway. Then when I looked in the box with the original shipment I received (with the TCA acid), I found a little package with gauze, the toothpicks and a little plastic eye dropper. I completely missed that the first time. So two new rules. Always pay for the expedited shipping and always look at everything in the package.

Again I prepared by not using the Retinol the day of the peel. I cleaned my face with the clenser and toned with isopropol alcohol. This time I did it twice, especially over my T-zone, forehead, nose and chin. I barely got any peeling in that area and maybe it's because that skin is so oily.

I used the tiny eyedropper and measured out 25 drops of the 12.5% TCA into the small plastic cup. Then I put the gauze that was supplied with the TCA shipment. I applied the TCA in first a horizontal and then a vertical pattern to ensure complete coverage. I made sure to get around my nose and under my eyes, places I missed in the first peel. Because I had the eyedropper and was able to dole out the proper amount of acid and had the correct type of gauze, the TCA went on more evenly. I felt a tingling sensation, but nothing like the intense burning I felt the first time.

I then waited 5 full minutes and did the 2nd layer. This time felt more intense tingling going to a burning sensation, but again, not as bad as the first peel. I then waited a full 5 minutes again.

I wanted to do a stronger peel in spots, mainly the dark spots on my skin. So I took out the 20% TCA acid, and put a few drops into the plastic cup and wet the toothpicks that were covered in cotton. I swiped this over the spots that I wanted to have a more intense peel. I felt it burning right away in these spots, but since they were small, it wasn't that bad. I went over them all until I ran out of TCA.

These spots began frosting immediately. I waited a full 8 minutes, then gently rinsed my face with water. I applied Emu-Oil and later an aloe gel I have which contains lidocaine. I didn't have any pain on my face like the first peel, but it did itch quite a bit. Ironically, I used to use that aloe lotion when I had a sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment