Wednesday, April 15, 2009

3rd Day - Out Damned Spot!

It's been 3 full days since I did the 2nd peel. My faces has been dry and tight, with dark brown spots in the areas that I used the 20% TCA acid during the 2nd layer of the peel. These were the spots that had extra pigmentation that I'm trying to get rid of. The rest of my face just feels tight and is flaking a bit, but these spots are going to have deep peeling.

I was out in the yard today, and so had my face slathered in sunscreen (SPF 85!). When I came in my face looked white in spots and I thought it was the sunscreen, but looking closer, it was skin starting to peel off. The dark brown spots are all starting to peel. One spot, under my left eye was almost all peeled off. I rinsed my face with water and the dead skin came off.

I had a brown spot under my left eye caused by sun damage. Although I've been careful the past couple of years to use sunscreen when going out, I went out this January, in the winter, to vacuum and shred leaves. It was a nice day but cold. I never thought about getting sun. But I must of because a few days later this brown spot just appeared from out of nowhere. I think it was this new spot that pushed me to start doing peels.

Well when the dead skin peeled off, the skin underneath was nice and soft AND the spot is about 70% faded. It appears just slightly darker than the surrounding area. It was a dark brown spot, sort of like a mole, but it was flat. And it's almost gone! From one application of 20% TCA. I'm very excited. It's great to spend money on something and go throught the process of using it and then seeing it actually WORK. I've spent a lot of money and time on drug store solutions for age spots and none of them work. I had not seen one iota of difference with creams, exfoliants and other lotions. This is really just one application, since I didn't use the 20% last time.

I'll try to get pictures soon, so you can see the difference. But the rest of my face still looks pretty awful, so I'm going to wait a few more days to see if these spots peel and have the same result. I'm also going to be slathering that faded spot with Copper and Emu-oil and sunscreen as often as possible. I don't want that spot back.

For my next peel, I'm going to mix some of the 20% TCA with the 12.5% solution to get a higher overall percentage of peel. I think my skin is too resistant to the 12.5% solution now that I've done two peels, I feel comfortable taking it up a notch. I may also spot treat with full 20% TCA and do 3 layers. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment