Saturday, May 9, 2009

3rd Peel

Sorry I haven't written in awhile. I waited 5 weeks between peels. Since my last peel, I can definitely see a lot of improvement in my skin texture and tone. The age spots have lessened about 50% and I've had a lot of extractions of pimples that were deep in my skin.

For this peel, I wanted to bring it up a notch. I never really had any significant peeling on my T-Zone (forehead, nose and chin). These areas are very oily and have large pores and embedded pimples. I also have other areas with dark spots that I missed last time. So I decided to mix 1/2 12.5% solution and 1/2 20% solution which would make the combined solution about 16%. I took the little eye dropper and put 12 drops of each in the little plastic cup and soaked the gauze in it.

It immediately felt strong than the 12.5%. I began to get that burning sensation on my face as I did the first time. I had to fight to continue to apply the solution, my skin already felt sore. Then I had to wait it out for 5 minute. I stood with my face in front of a fan to help with the burning.

I then applied a second layer, same concentration. It burned a bit more, but wasn't unbearable. Then waited another 5 minutes (in front of the fan again). I also noticed that this time I had a lot of frosting, especially on my T-Zone. This was great. I applied the third layer, same concentration. Then after 5 minutes I applied straight 20% to the dark spots on my skin with the cotton covered toothpicks. I could feel more intense burning in these spots and see more frosting. After 5 minutes I splashed cold water on my face and applied emu oil. I also applied the chilled blue aloe lotion.

That night my skin felt tight and sore. But by the next morning, it was gone. Now it's day 2 and my skin is very tight and looks brown and shriveled. If I smile, it feels like my face will crack. But I am going to have a lot of nice peeling. Especially on the dark spots and my chin and forehead. I hope it starts to peel before I have to go back to work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment